Senior Systems Engineer
Silver Spoon is looking for a Broadcast Graphics Engineer to work with the Systems and Technology team in maintaining and operating our production systems. You will be deployed locally, nationally and internationally, and will be responsible for the set-up and operation of augmented and mixed reality technology for live television and events. If you have a passion for cutting edge visual technology, this may be the role for you.
The ideal candidate would have experience with A/V hardware and signals, system-based workflows, camera tracking, and knowledge of computers and networking. Experience in live events or TV is a plus.
New York, NY
Systems design & build
- Inventory and maintain new and existing A/V hardware and AR Servers
- Prep and build on-site AR systems to required specifications. Maintain system documents and packlists.
- Test and verify functionality of hardware and software before sending equipment out on jobs.
- Contribute to the R&D process by assisting with system setup and configuration as well as bringing ideas, research, and solutions to the team.
- Provide on-site engineering and operation support for in-studio projects.
- Provide on-site engineering and operation support for remote projects.
- Advise the Director of Technology on hardware and software needs based on hands-on experience as well as product research.
- Create and maintain documentation on current system configurations and workflows.
- Self motivated and task oriented
- Knowledge of A/V Systems and Signals
- Knowledge of networking
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities on the fly
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of when to ask for help
- Time management skills
- Logical approach to solving technical problems
- Flexibility to travel
- Strong computer hardware and software knowledge
- Strong networking knowledge
- Experience with Virtual Production workflows
- Experience with Virtual Production hardware and software
- Cinema camera knowledge
- Broadcast camera knowledge
- Broadcast truck experience
- Studio experience
- Creative problem solving skills
This job description is a guideline and does not aim to detail every possible task and expectation. The role may change from time to time in line with business requirements.